Sunday 19 October 2014

Mo and Rose and all things nice



Mo and Rose, on the Klaasvoogds Road, outside Robertson, is a feast for the eye and an extravaganza for the palate. A Boutique Guest House with beautiful gardens and a restaurant that has seriously impressed me on each of my 3 visits. With dishes like goat's cheese parcels served with beetroot carpaccio, fresh strawberries and a gooseberry vinaigrette, you won't go hopelessly in the wrong direction. Their meat creations are extraordinarily good and I can honestly say that I had my top ranking Eisbein, of all time, at this establishment. They seem to be great all rounders, performing equally as well with their delicate vegetarian starters as they do with their blockbuster meat options.
Eisbein heaven

Normally I don't harp on too much about service. If it's poor I'll just carry on and concentrate on the food; but here that's not something you'll need to worry about. The whole team, especially Byran, have impeccable attention to detail and I can't remember ever being looked after better.

A little advice from me to you if you've never visited the Robertson Wine Valley - go now! Time your visit with one of the very well organised festivals or explore the area when it's a bit more serene. Make a reservation at Mo and Rose, or even better, stay the night. Have a drink, investigate the gardens and then sit down to what I am certain will be a very memorable eating experience. Trust me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment